Thursday, February 11, 2016

Idea Napkin No. 1

Howdy! This assignment is my product idea tied together with all of the information I've obtain via interviews and research and such.

  1. About Me?
    • My name is Nika de Vries and I am good at designing and assembling electronics.  I used to be a part of my high school's robotics team so I have had previous experience with creating a machine that would perform a specific task.  Regarding my business concept, I do not seeing it playing a major role in my life.  However, I think it would be interesting to materialize an idea of mine.
  2. What are you offering to customers?
    • I am offering a product that provides the convenience of not having to get out of bed to turn off an overhead/ceiling light.  The switch would be activated by using an infrared remote, so it could be controlled from a distance. 
  3. Who are you offering it to?
    • Although the product can be used for all ages, I believe that college students and young adults would find the most use from it.  Based on my interviews, the older people living in houses (adults and elderly people) had lamps by their bedside table, whereas college students living in apartments only had access to the overhead light. 
  4. Why do they care?
    • The customers would care because it would expedite their whole going to sleep process and save them a small amount of energy. Personally, I have no other way of turning off my light other than standing up and doing it manually and it has been a terrible inconvenience.  I will sometimes go to sleep without turning off the light, thus expending energy.  Customers would pay for this product to save them energy when it comes to lighting in their homes and to get rid of an inconvenience. 
  5. What are your core competencies?
    • When compared to everyone else, I believe that I would be able to create this and other products effectively because I will do anything to make my own life easier.  
Reflection

I believe these elements somewhat fit together in that the product does solve a problem. However, there since everyone has different room layouts the product may not apply to everyone. 

6 comments:

  1. This is genius! Your idea is practical and solves a problem all the lazy, injured, and senior citizens have daily. You constructed a well-thought out plan and can make this really successful. good job. here is my post http://cristalsicard.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please invent this in real life! I bet if you developed it really well you could sell it to electric companies and make a really good profit, especially since people of all ages would benefit from and appreciate this product. As your roommate I demand free installation once you perfect it. Feel free to check out my blog post at this link http://blogmenexttime.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html or you could really just enjoy it in person when I see you in two minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nika,
    I love this!! Please, please invent this! I always forget to turn my light off as do a lot of college students. And, as Cristal said, it will also help the injured and senior citizens. I think that this is a great idea that many people could benefit from. It would also be relatively easy to market this idea! Feel free to check out my blog post:http://ament3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nika,
    If you can some how make this idea both cost effective and affordable I do not see any reason why it wouldn't succeed ! I would love to turn my fan off when I wake up without havng to face the freezing cold (usually the reason I run late late). Goodluck and I wish you the best :) http://ent3003brandonsanchez.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete