Sunday, February 28, 2016

Half-Way Reflection

Howdy! Here is the half-way reflection post for this class. First, please enjoy this inspirational picture.


1) Tenaciousness is a skill. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 

- For this course, I've had to arrange when I'll do each assignment. Since each assignment has the somewhat odd due time of 9PM, I had to figure out when I would make time to fit with this class' schedule. Time management is very important, everyone. 

2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?

- The "giving up" feeling has been a familiar emotion throughout this course. I think a lot of these assignments aren't worth my time, yet I continue to do most of them because I want a decent grade in the class. I feel like my tenacious attitude hasn't changed much because if I want to get something done, I do. 

3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset'?

1. Be persistent. If something doesn't go quite right on your first try, keep trying. This class involves a lot of approaching strangers, most of which will walk away without a word, but one poor experience is not the end of the world. 

2. Manage your time. Some of your schedules might be hectic (I know mine is) and you will need to rearrange a lot of things to fit the needs of this class. If you  don't give yourself time to foster your tenacity, you're really not getting as much as you can out of this class.

3. While you foster tenacity, foster your confidence. This both applies to approaching people and your general self confidence. 

1 comment:

  1. Nika,

    Seems like you have a firm grip on this class without too much of an issue. Great work on tips, and I hope you're enjoying spring break! Feels great to have completed 50% of this class too for sure.

    Check out my blog post here: http://ent3003sinon.blogspot.ie/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete