Tuesday, April 5, 2016

My Exit Strategy

Howdy! Here is my exit strategy.
  1. Identify the exit strategy you plan to make. Do you intend to sell your business in the next 5 years for a large return? Do you intend to stay with the business for several decades and retire? Do you intend to protect the venture as a family business, and pass it down to your children?
    • I plan on selling my business within the first 5 years for a hopefully large return.  
  2. Why have you selected this particular exit strategy?
    • I have selected this exit strategy because my product is a pretty small venture so I wouldn't mind leaving it and moving on with my life.  
  3. How do you think your exit strategy has influenced the other decisions you've made in your concept? For instance, has it influenced how you have identified an opportunity? Has it influenced your growth intentions or how you plan to acquire and use resources?
    • I think my exit strategy influenced my decisions thus far in that I set up everything so I could leave easily at any point with or without whatever resources I accumulate.  In terms of my opportunity identification skills, I thin it definitely has improved it.  I notice a lot smaller needs that others may not consider to be needs.  

3 comments:

  1. I really like your post. And your picture is hilarious. We have similar ideas and I also said that within the first five years I could get a large return as well. If the money is there and for the right price why not. Who knows what your market could look like in another five or 10 years if you get an offer that is hard to say no to then just say yes! I like your exit strategy, I believe you see the smaller needs than what other people see. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nikita,
    Yeah, I think your plan is pretty much "the dream" of many people ha. IT'd be great, wouldn't it, to build something up and then sell it off for a nice pretty price haha. I wonder how many other people chose this path, since I also chose this option on the assignment. I think it's the best option for people in our class with only a few months of entrepreneurship experience, because really, honestly, we don't have a great sense about what the actual marketplace (costs and competition) looks like, so I think leaving the marketplace as soon as possible is the best option for students like us.
    Good job!
    http://coffeemumbles.blogspot.com/2016/04/your-exit-strategy.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nika! Great post. We have very similar ideas as to our exit strategies. I also plan on selling mine and this has influenced some of my decisions thus far. I think it's great you notice smaller things rather than all of the huge ideas. I think leaving our current market and moving into a different market is a good move for students! If you want to see my post, it can be found here: http://entblogemilytreasure.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html

    ReplyDelete